ITE Pretest Exam v6.0 2016
In Cisco exam system, there is one type of ITE Pretest Exam for the first start of ITE. We are helping you to collect both exam form to show you on this page. ITE Pretest Exam are almost 40 questions. While you take exam online with Cisco, you will meet 40 questions with duration 1 hours to 2 hours depend on your instructor activate.
To pass ITE Pretest Exam, you should review all these question. We provide you accurate answer 100%.
What is an advantage of purchasing a tablet rather than a laptop computer?
- wireless capability
- reduced size/weight
- quicker Internet access
- easier typing capabilities
- faster processing speed
- increased number of possible attached devices
What is a possible hardware upgrade that can be used to add more storage space to a modern smartphone?
- hard disk
- USB flash drive
Which component would be located inside the computer case?
- USB hard drive
Which two devices are output devices? (Choose two.)
- video camera
Which hardware component must be installed in a PC to provide network connectivity?
- PCI bus
- serial port
- network interface
- expansion slot
Refer to the exhibit. What does the symbol shown represent?
- a folder which is a collection of subfolders and files
- a Word document stored on the disk
- a database file
- a program that is used to navigate the files stored on a disk
How can a section of text in a Notepad document be highlighted to be copied to another location within the document?
- click the Copy icon, then drag the pointer over the text to be copied
- double-click the words to be copied
- move the pointer to the start of the text to be copied, press the Windows key, move the pointer to the end of the text, and click the Copy icon
- click at the start of the text, drag the pointer to the end of the text, then release the button
Refer to the exhibit. Why is Undo in black, while the other items are in gray?
- Commands are shown in black, while edit operations are shown in gray.
- Groups of menu items alternate black and gray to make them easier to find.
- There are no operations to undo, so this operation is unavailable.
- There is no text to cut, copy, paste, or delete, so these operations are unavailable.
Refer to the exhibit. What caused the pictured menu to appear on the user’s screen?
- The user double-clicked a desktop icon.
- The user right-clicked a desktop icon.
- The user highlighted an icon and then pressed Enter.
- The user highlighted an icon and then pressed the Esc key.
Which two operating systems are used in smartphones? (Choose two.)
- OS X
- Snow Leopard
- Windows 7
A student purchased a new WiFi enabled tablet computer. What is required to connect this device to the Internet?
- a 3G or 4G network
- a telephone company
- a wireless LAN
- a mobile phone service provider
Which two general precautions should be followed when using hand tools? (Choose two.)
- Use tools that are the right size and right type.
- Always carry pointed tools by your side with the pointed end up.
- Keep cutting tools sharp and in good condition.
- Carry the tools used most often in your pockets.
Which precaution should be taken before any electronic component is removed from a computer system?
- place the computer on an insulating mat
- make sure that the computer is unplugged
- attach a grounding wire to the case
- use only approved metal tools
Which problem could occur if a screwdriver is used to pry the top off of a computer case?
- The screwdriver could slip and cause harm to the technician or to nearby individuals.
- The screwdriver could cause deformation to the adapter cards.
- The screwdriver could break and short out the motherboard.
- The screwdriver could scratch the case, causing the motherboard to short circuit.
What would be the most environmentally friendly procedure to consider in the design of a server room?
- Share one monitor with several servers.
- Implement power line conditioning and redundancy.
- Filter the air in the room.
- Maintain a constant room temperature throughout the year.
In the event that a mobile device is lost or stolen, which two procedures can help protect private information that is stored on the device? (Choose two.)
- Use a secure email client.
- Encrypt the storage media.
- Enable the device access password.
- Turn off the device when it is not in use.
- Turn off the wireless connection when it is not in use.
What password would be considered a strong password?
The failure rate in a certain brand of network interface card has been determined to be 15%. How many cards could be expected to fail in a company that has 80 of the cards installed?
It is anticipated that a company-wide system upgrade will take approximately 60 person-hours to complete. How long will it take five technicians that each work the same amount of time to perform the refresh?
- 5 hours
- 8 hours
- 10 hours
- 12 hours
A classmate is creating an imaginary language. Here are some words the classmate has created:
stalopheah means good day
stalopjink means goodness
drahplunk means light house
flinsjink means happiness
plunkgrecki means house fly
What would your classmate use to mean “daylight”?
A user is looking for a wireless headphone for listening to songs stored on a smartphone. What wireless technology would the headphone use?
A customer connects a smartphone to a cloud service operated by the service provider. What can the cloud service provide to the customer?
- phone calls
- remote print
- data storage
- device troubleshooting
What is the default subnet mask for the IP address 172.16.4.22?
Which network protocol is used to automatically assign an IP address to a computer on a network?
Match the icon to its likely associated use. (Not all options are used.)
Which type of interface should a customer choose if connecting a single cable from a Microsoft Windows computer to output both audio and video to a high definition television?
Which key or key sequence pressed during the boot process will allow a user to start a Windows PC using the last known good configuration?
- Windows key
A technician has installed a new sound card in a PC but it is not operating correctly. Where should the technician look to investigate driver problems?
- Computer Management
- Device Manager
- My Computer
- System Tools
A technician notices that an application is not responding to commands and that the computer seems to respond slowly when applications are opened. What is the best administrative tool to force the release of system resources from the unresponsive application?
- Task Manager
- Add or Remove Programs
- Event Viewer
- System Restore
Which action can reduce the risk of ESD damage when computer equipment is being worked on?
- working on a grounded antistatic mat
- lowering the humidity level in the work area
- moving cordless phones away from the work area
- keeping the computer plugged into a surge protector
When should a technician avoid wearing an antistatic wrist strap?
- when installing RAM
- when replacing a power supply unit
- when installing a hard drive
- when opening a computer case
What can be tested with a digital multimeter?
- wireless signal strength and access point positioning
- basic functionality of computer ports
- copper cable location
- quality of electricity in computer components
A technician wants to allow users to backup and restore all the files on their computers, but does not want the users to be able to make changes to the system. How should the technician give users this functionality?
- Grant the users read permissions on all files.
- Give the users administrator rights on their computers.
- Make the users members of a group called Backup Operators.
- Check the Folder is Ready for Archiving box in the properties of each folder.
What characterizes a DDoS attack?
- Many hosts participate in a coordinated attack.
- Infected computers are called daemons.
- It is easy to identify the source of the attack.
- All hosts must be in the same geographic area.
Which is the correct procedure to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher after the pin is pulled?
- Aim just above the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from side to side.
- Aim at the base of the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from side to side.
- Aim directly at the center of the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from side to side.
- Aim at the base of the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from the base to the top of the flame.
- Aim just above the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from the top to the base of the flame.
What type of device provides power to a computer and allows it to be safely shut down in the event of a power loss?
- surge suppressor
- uninterruptible power supply
- standby power supply
- power inverter
Which measure can help control RFI effects on wireless networks?
- Ensure the humidity and temperature levels are set as low as possible.
- Ensure the number of wireless NICs exceeds the number of wireless phones.
- Ensure the wireless network is on a different frequency than the offending source.
- Ensure each wireless NIC is configured to operate at different frequencies from all other wireless NICs.
A computer is assigned an IP address of 169.254.33.16. What can be said about the computer, based on the assigned address?
- It cannot communicate outside its own network.
- It can communicate on the local network as well as on the Internet.
- It can communicate with networks inside a particular company with subnets.
- It has a public IP address that has been translated to a private IP address.
Several messages sent to the network administrator are reporting that access to a secure server using HTTPS is failing. After checking recent updates to the company firewall, the administrator learns that the firewall is blocking HTTPS. Which port should be opened to solve the problem?
A network administrator has finished migrating from a peer-to-peer network to a new client-server network configuration. What are two advantages of the new configuration? (Choose two.)
- The total cost of the new solution is considerably lower.
- Data is more secure in the event of hardware failures.
- Individual users are in control of their own computers and network resources.
- Data resources and access are centrally controlled.
- Personnel costs are lower because a dedicated network administrator is no longer necessary.