ITE Chapter 9 Exam Answer v6.0 2016
CCNA7.COM is helping you to collect ITE Chapter 9 Exam to show you on this page. ITE Chapter 9 Exam is almost 25 questions. While you take exam online with Cisco, you will meet 25 questions with duration 1 hours to 2 hours depend on your instructor activate.
To pass ITE Chapter 9 Exam, you should review all these question. We provide you accurate answer 100%.
Which two statements are true of a laptop CPU when compared to a desktop CPU? (Choose two.)
- Laptop CPUs operate at higher clock speeds.
- Laptop CPUs use smaller cooling devices.
- Laptop CPUs consume more power.
- Laptop CPUs are interchangeable with desktop CPUs.
- Laptop CPUs are designed to produce less heat.
Which laptop component makes use of throttling to reduce power consumption and heat?
- optical drive
- hard drive
Why are SODIMMs well suited for laptops?
- They have a small form factor.
- They connect to external ports.
- They do not produce heat.
- They are interchangeable with desktops.
What is a characteristic of laptop motherboards?
- Laptop motherboards use the same form factors as desktop motherboards.
- Laptop motherboards are proprietary.
- Laptop motherboards use standard form factors.
- Laptop motherboard components are compatible with desktop motherboards.
Which laptop component converts DC power to AC power?
- fluorescent tube
- power supply
Where is a Wi-Fi antenna commonly located on a laptop?
- on an external USB adapter
- above the laptop screen
- next to the keyboard
- on the side of the laptop
Which two methods can be used to configure laptop ACPI power options? (Choose two.)
- BIOS settings
- Windows Power Options utility
- Windows UAC settings
- Windows AERO theme settings
- power dial
A user needs to connect a Bluetooth device to a laptop. Which type of cable is needed to accomplish this?
- None. Bluetooth connections are wireless.
- VGA cable
- USB cable
- EIA/TIA 232 cable
- parallel cable
A technician has installed a wireless Ethernet card in a Windows 7 laptop. Where would the technician configure a new wireless connection?
- Control Panel > Networking and Sharing Center > Set up a new connection or network
- Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- Control Panel > Internet Options
- Control Panel > System > Device Manager
Which technology provides laptops the ability to function on a cellular network?
- mobile hotspot
- 802.11 Wi-Fi
A technician is trying to remove a SODIMM module from a laptop. What is the correct way to do this?
- Press outward on the clips that hold the sides of the SODIMM.
- Pull outward by holding the center of the SODIMM module.
- Apply downward force on the SODIMM module.
- Desolder the SODIMM module.
When replacing or adding memory to a laptop, where can a technician find the maximum amount of RAM each memory slot can support?
- System Properties window
- POST screen
- website of manufacturer
What should be done immediately after a CPU is latched in and screwed down to a laptop motherboard?
- The heat sink should be attached to the CPU.
- The cooling fan should be fastened to the motherboard.
- The power cable should be attached from the cooling fan to the motherboard.
- The locked down CPU should be protected with thermal paste.
Which technology allows a mobile device to establish wireless communication with another mobile device by touching them together?
- Lightning connector
Which technology will allow a mobile device to share an Internet connection with other devices via tethering?
- near field communication
What are two differences between an e-reader and a tablet device? (Choose two.)
- An e-reader only supports Wi-Fi connectivity but a tablet can support both Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity.
- An e-reader commonly has longer battery life than a tablet device.
- A tablet device is usually lighter in weight than an e-reader.
- A tablet device screen may be harder to read in direct sunlight than an e-reader screen.
- A tablet uses an electronic paper technology that provides better performance than an e-reader.
What type of device is commonly used to measure and collect daily activity data for achieving personal goals?
- smart camera
- fitness monitor
- Global Positioning System
A technician has been asked to decide which laptop components should be cleaned on a monthly basis as part of a maintenance routine. What are two examples of components that should be included? (Choose two.)
- exterior case
- optical drive
To clean laptops, which two products are recommended? (Choose two.)
- cotton swabs
- mild cleaning solution
- rubbing alcohol
- car wax
What two steps must be taken before performing a cleaning procedure on a laptop computer? (Choose two.)
- Disconnect the laptop from the electrical outlet.
- Remove all installed batteries.
- Wipe the surface of the touch pad.
- Clean the screen with a cloth.
- Insert the cleaning disk into the optical drive.
- Backup the registry.
What is the first step in the process of troubleshooting a laptop?
- Identify the problem.
- Establish probable causes.
- Determine the exact cause.
- Verify full functionality.
What is the next step in the troubleshooting process after a solution has been implemented on a laptop?
- Verify the solution.
- Document the solution.
- Ask the customer to explain the problem.
- Return the device to the customer.
While troubleshooting a mobile device, a technician determines that the battery is not holding a charge. What is the next step in the troubleshooting process?
- Implement a solution.
- Document the findings.
- Determine the exact cause.
- Verify the solution and full system functionality.
A technician notices that a laptop display appears stretched and pixelated. What is a probable cause of this?
- The display properties are incorrectly set.
- The power management features are incorrectly set.
- The power inverter is failing.
- The screen has been burned in.
- One of the RAM modules is failing.
A user with a company-issued smartphone notices that there is a gap at the end of the device. A technician examines the smartphone and discovers that the battery is swollen. What should the technician do next?
- Use the smartphone until the battery is completely discharged.
- Clean the battery leads with baking soda.
- Replace the battery.
- Use a multimeter to see if the output voltage is within range.