ITE Chapter 8 Exam Answer 2016
1. What is a good source for safely downloading Android apps?
- the Apple App Store
- freeware sites
- Google Play*
2. What two functions can be performed with the home button on an iOS mobile device? (Choose two.)
- lock the device
- the same functions as the Android navigation buttons*
- start voice control*
- reset the device to the factory default
- start the TouchFLO interface
3. What are two potential user benefits of rooting or jailbreaking a mobile device? (Choose two.)
- A custom OS may reduce sandboxing features.
- The operating system can be fine-tuned to improve the speed of the device.*
- The operation of the carrier cellular network may be affected.
- The user interface can be extensively customized.*
- The root directory of the device is blocked.
4. What are two purposes of the passcode lock feature on mobile devices? (Choose two.)
- to erase all personal data from the device
- to remotely lock the device if it is stolen
- to return the device to the default factory state
- to place the device into a power saving state*
- to restore and re-synchronize the device
- to help prevent theft of private information*
5. What is an advantage of using flash memory to store data in mobile devices?
- Flash memory has a drive head that moves, reducing the seek time to locate data.
- Flash memory requires very little power to store and retrieve data.*
- Flash memory is not affected by ESD.
- Flash memory is highly resistant to water and cold.
6. What are two touchscreen characteristics that are used by most mobile devices? (Choose two.)
- an electrical field of the screen that is interrupted when the user touches the screen*
- three layers responsible for conducting electricity with a small air gap between them
- a glass screen that is coated with a capacitor
- two transparent layers of material capable of conducting electricity*
- two colored layers of material capable of conducting electricity
7. Which component is field-replaceable in most mobile devices?
- memory card*
8. Which mobile device troubleshooting procedure is correct?
- When a problem appears with a mobile device, the owner should analyze if it is cost-effective to fix it.*
- Mobile devices change so rapidly in design and functionality it is always better to replace the device rather than repair it.
- Mobile device problems always result in sending the device to the manufacturer for troubleshooting.
- Every time a mobile devices freezes, the owner can reinitialize it by pressing the reset button.
9. A user accidentally drops a mobile device into a pool. What corrective action should be taken?
- Contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement.*
- Use a hair dryer to dry the phone.
- Open the device and replaced damaged components.
- If the mobile device does not turn on, throw it away and buy a new one.
10. After being left in a car for many hours on a hot day, an iPhone cannot be turned on. What should the user do to fix this problem?
- Buy a new power button and replace it.
- Disassemble the phone and look for heat related damage.
- Return the phone to the manufacturer for repair.*
- Place the phone in a refrigerated space and allow the unit to cool down.
11. After an upgrade to a mobile device, some applications are no longer working, but some work fine. The user can make calls and send and receive email. Which two kinds of problems could be related to these issues? (Choose two.)
- a software problem*
- a touchscreen problem
- a cell service problem
- a circuit board problem
- a memory problem*
12. Which scenario or situation would prevent a user from upgrading the OS on an Android device?
- The software copyright was not obtained before the installation.
- The correct patches were not installed.
- The hardware does not meet specifications.*
- Permission was not obtained from the manufacturer.
13. Which two conditions must be met for mobile device security measures such as remote lock and remote wipe to function? (Choose two.)
- The GPS locator must be enabled.
- The passcode must be disabled.
- Sandboxing must be enabled.
- The device must be powered on.*
- The device must be connected to a network.*
14. Which two items common to both Android and iOS devices can be remotely backed up? (Choose two.)
15. Which statement is true about wireless connectivity on an Android mobile device?
- If the network SSID is not being broadcast, the device will not be able to connect to the network.
- When the device roams out of the range of any Wi-Fi networks, it can connect to the cellular data network if this feature is enabled.*
- The Android OS does not support wireless connectivity that uses WPA2 security.
- If a Wi-Fi network is secured with a password, the network must be manually configured on the device.
16. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
17. In the context of mobile devices, what does the term tethering involve?
- connecting a mobile device to a USB port on a computer in order to charge the mobile device
- connecting a mobile device to a hands-free headset
- connecting a mobile device to another mobile device or computer to share a network connection*
- connecting a mobile device to a 4G cellular network
18. Which statement is true about industry standards for cellular networks?
- First generation cellular standards are mostly digital standards.
- Third generation cellular standards require a maximum of 1 Gb/s for devices moving slowly, such as when a user has a mobile device and is walking.
- Cellular standards have made it more difficult and expensive to make calls to people that are on a different network.
- Cell phones that use a single standard can often only be used in specific geographic areas.*
19. Which statement about synchronizing a mobile device to a PC is true?
- To synchronize data on an iOS device, iTunes must be installed on the PC.*
- Motocast USB can be used to synchronize data when using an iOS device.
- iOS synchronization can only be performed over a USB connection.
- Data on Android devices cannot be synchronized with a PC.
20. A technician is configuring email on a mobile device. The user wants to be able to keep the original email on the server, organize it into folders, and synchronize the folders between the mobile device and the server. Which email protocol should the technician use?
21. Which mobile device security feature requires the user to slide a finger over the screen in a specific sequence to unlock the device?
- simple passcode
- remote wipe
22. Which term describes the ability of a mobile device to recognize when two or more points of contact are made on the screen?
- large touch
- many touch
- long touch