CCNA3 Chapter 8 Exam Answer v5.03 2016
Refer to the exhibit. All networks are active in the same EIGRP routing domain. When the auto-summary command is issued on R3, which two summary networks will be calculated on R3? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. Router R3 is receiving multiple routes through the EIGRP routing protocol. Which statement is true about the implementation of summarization in this network?
- Automatic summarization has been enabled only for the 172.21.100.0/24 network.
- Automatic summarization is disabled on R3.
- Automatic summarization is enabled on neighboring routers.
- Automatic summarization is disabled on a per-interface basis.
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is supported by the output?
- A static default route has been manually configured on this router.
- Summarization of routes has been manually configured.
- A default route is being learned through an external process.
- The route to 192.168.1.1 represents the configuration of a loopback interface.
What is the purpose of a Null0 route in the routing table?
- to redistribute external routes into EIGRP
- to prevent routing loops
- to act as a gateway of last resort
- to prevent the router from sending EIGRP packets
Refer to the exhibit. Which two routes will be advertised to the router ISP if autosummarization is disabled? (Choose two.)
Which address best summarizes the IPv6 addresses 2001:DB8:ACAD::/48, 2001:DB8:9001::/48, and 2001:DB8:8752::/49?
What is a characteristic of manual route summarization?
- requires high bandwidth utilization for the routing updates
- reduces total number of routes in routing tables
- cannot include supernet routes
- has to be configured globally on the router
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has attempted to implement a default route from R1 to the ISP and propagate the default route to EIGRP neighbors. Remote connectivity from the EIGRP neighbor routers to the ISP connected to R1 is failing. Based on the output from the exhibit, what is the most likely cause of the problem?
- The command default-information originate has not been issued on R1.
- There are no EIGRP neighbor relationships on R1.
- The ip route command must specify a next-hop IP address instead of an exit interface when creating a default route.
- The command redistribute static has not been issued on R1.
- The network statement for the ISP connection has not been issued.
Which administrative distance is used to advertise routes learned from other protocols that are redistributed into EIGRP?
Refer to the exhibit. Which two conclusions can be drawn from the exhibited configuration? (Choose two.)
- The configuration supports equal-cost load balancing.
- The configuration supports unequal-cost load balancing.
- Any EIGRP-learned route with a metric less than 3 times the successor metric will be installed in the local routing table.
- Any EIGRP-learned route with a metric equal to 3 times the successor metric will be installed in the local routing table.
- The network statements require subnet masks to prevent autosummarization.
Which command would limit the amount of bandwidth that is used by EIGRP for protocol control traffic to approximately 128 Kb/s on a 1.544 Mb/s link?
- ip bandwidth-percent eigrp 100 8
- maximum-paths 8
- variance 8
- traffic-share balanced
By default, how many equal-cost routes to the same destination network will EIGRP install in the routing table?
Refer to the exhibit. Router CiscoVille has been partially configured for EIGRP authentication. What is missing that would allow successful authentication between EIGRP neighbors?
- The interfaces that will use EIGRP authentication must be specified.
- A username and password must be configured.
- The keychain for EIGRP authentication must be configured on the interfaces.
- The CiscoVille router requires a second keychain to function correctly when using two interfaces for EIGRP authentication.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has issued the shown commands. The EIGRP routing domain has completely converged and a network administrator is planning on configuring EIGRP authentication throughout the complete network. On which two interfaces should EIGRP authentication be configured between R2 and R3? (Choose two.)
- serial 0/0/1 of R2
- serial 0/1/0 of R2
- gig 0/0 of R3
- serial 0/0/1 of R3
- serial 0/1/0 of R4
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured EIGRP authentication between routers R1 and R2. After the routing tables are reviewed, it is noted that neither router is receiving EIGRP updates. What is a possible cause for this failure?
- The same key chain name must be used on each router.
- The same number of key strings must be used on each router.
- The key string should be used in interface mode instead of the key chain.
- The same autonomous system numbers must be used in the interface configurations of each router.
- The authentication configuration is correct, issue the show ip eigrp neighbors command to troubleshoot the issue.
What two statements are correct regarding EIGRP authentication? (Choose two.)
- EIGRP authentication uses the MD5 algorithm.
- EIGRP authentication uses a pre-shared key.
- EIGRP authentication requires that both routers have the same key chain name.
- EIGRP authentication uses varying levels of WEP to encrypt data exchanged between routers.
- EIGRP authentication can be configured on one router and updates from this router are protected; whereas a neighbor router can be without the authentication configuration and its updates are unprotected.
Two routers, R1 and R2, have established an EIGRP neighbor relationship, but there is still a connectivity problem. Which issue could be causing this problem?
- an authentication mismatch
- an access list that is blocking advertisements from other networks
- automatic summarization that is disabled on both routers
- a process ID mismatch
Refer to the exhibit. After the configuration shown is applied on router R1, the exhibited status message is displayed. Router R1 is unable to form a neighbor relationship with R2 on the serial 0/1/0 interface. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
- The passive-interface command should have been issued on serial 0/1/0.
- The hello interval has been altered on serial 0/1/0 and is preventing a neighbor relationship from forming.
- The network statement used for EIGRP 55 does not enable EIGRP on interface serial 0/1/0.
- The IPv4 address configured on the neighbor that is connected to R1 serial 0/1/0 is incorrect.
- The networks that are configured on serial 0/0/0 and serial 0/1/0 of router R1 are overlapping.
Which EIGRP parameter must match between all routers forming an EIGRP adjacency?
- hello timer
- autonomous system number
- hold timer
- administrative distance
Refer to the exhibit. Considering that R2, R3, and R4 are correctly configured, why did R1 not establish an adjacency with R2, R3, and R4?
- because the automatic summarization is enabled on R1
- because the Fa0/0 interface of R1 is declared as passive for EIGRP
- because the IPv4 address on Fa0/0 interface of R1 is incorrect
- because there is no network command for the network 192.168.1.0/24 on R1
In which scenario will the use of EIGRP automatic summarization cause inconsistent routing in a network?
- when there is no adjacency that is established between neighboring routers
- when there is no common subnet that exists between neighboring routers
- when the routers in an IPv4 network have mismatching EIGRP AS numbers
- when the routers in an IPv4 network are connected to discontiguous networks with automatic summarization enabled
Which command can be issued on a router to verify that automatic summarization is enabled?
- show ip eigrp interfaces
- show ip protocols
- show ip interface brief
- show ip eigrp neighbors
Fill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
What is the command that should be issued on a router to verify that EIGRP adjacencies were formed? show ip eigrp neighbors
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
R1 and R2 could not establish an EIGRP adjacency. What is the problem?
- EIGRP is down on R1.
- EIGRP is down on R2.
- R1 Fa0/0 and R2 Fa0/0 are on different networks.
- R1 Fa0/0 is not configured to send hello packets.
- R1 Fa0/0 link local address is wrong.