CCNA 3 Chapter 6
Which statement describes a multiarea OSPF network?
- It consists of multiple network areas that are daisy-chained together.
- It requires a three-layer hierarchical network design approach.
- It has a core backbone area with other areas connected to the backbone area.
- It has multiple routers that run multiple routing protocols simultaneously, and each protocol consists of an area.
What is one advantage of using multiarea OSPF?
- It allows OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 to be running together.
- It enables multiple routing protocols to be running in a large network.
- It increases the routing performance by dividing the neighbor table into separate smaller ones.
- It improves the routing efficiency by reducing the routing table and link-state update overhead.
Which characteristic describes both ABRs and ASBRs that are implemented in a multiarea OSPF network?
- They usually have many local networks attached.
- They both run multiple routing protocols simultaneously.
- They are required to perform any summarization or redistribution tasks.
- They are required to reload frequently and quickly in order to update the LSDB.
An ABR in a multiarea OSPF network receives LSAs from its neighbor that identify the neighbor as an ASBR with learned external networks from the Internet. Which LSA type would the ABR send to other areas to identify the ASBR, so that internal traffic that is destined for the Internet will be sent through the ASBR?
- LSA type 1
- LSA type 2
- LSA type 3
- LSA type 4
- LSA type 5
Which two statements correctly describe OSPF type 3 LSAs? (Choose two.)
- Type 3 LSAs are known as autonomous system external LSA entries.
- Type 3 LSAs are generated without requiring a full SPF calculation.
- Type 3 LSAs are used for routes to networks outside the OSPF autonomous system.
- Type 3 LSAs are known as router link entries.
- Type 3 LSAs are used to update routes between OSPF areas.
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded about network 192.168.4.0 in the R2 routing table?
- The network was learned from a router within the same area as R2.
- The network was learned through summary LSAs from an ABR.
- The network can be reached through the GigabitEthernet0/0 interface.
- This network should be used to forward traffic toward external networks.
A network administrator is verifying a multi-area OSPF configuration by checking the routing table on a router in area 1. The administrator notices a route to a network that is connected to a router in area 2. Which code appears in front of this route in the routing table within area 1?
- O E2
- O IA
Which three steps in the design and implementation of a multiarea OSPF network are considered planning steps? (Choose three.)
- Verify OSPF.
- Configure OSPF.
- Define the OSPF parameters.
- Gather the required parameters.
- Troubleshoot the configurations.
- Define the network requirements.
A network administrator is implementing OSPF in a portion of the network and must ensure that only specific routes are advertised via OSPF. Which network statement would configure the OSPF process for networks 192.168.4.0, 192.168.5.0, 192.168.6.0, and 192.168.7.0, now located in the backbone area, and inject them into the OSPF domain?
- r1(config-router)# network 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 area 1
- r1(config-router)# network 192.168.4.0 0.0.3.255 area 1
- r1(config-router)# network 192.168.4.0 0.0.15.255 area 1
- r1(config-router)# network 192.168.0.0 0.0.3.255 area 0
- r1(config-router)# network 192.168.4.0 0.0.3.255 area 0
- r1(config-router)# network 192.168.4.0 0.0.255.255 area 0
The network administrator has been asked to summarize the routes for a new OSPF area. The networks to be summarized are 172.16.8.0, 172.16.10.0, and 172.16.12.0 with subnet masks of 255.255.255.0 for each network. Which command should the administrator use to forward the summary route for area 15 into area 0?
- area 0 range 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.248
- area 0 range 172.16.8.0 255.255.248.0
- area 15 range 172.16.8.0 255.255.248.0
- area 15 range 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.248
Which two networks are part of the summary route 192.168.32.0/22? (Choose two.)
Where can interarea route summarization be performed in an OSPF network?
- any router
Refer to the exhibit. What is indicated by the O IA in the router output?
- The route was manually configured.
- The route was learned from within the area.
- The route was learned from outside the internetwork.
- The route was learned from another area.
Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are correct? (Choose two.)
- The entry for 172.16.200.1 represents a loopback interface.
- The routing table contains routes from multiple areas.
- To reach network 172.16.2.0, traffic will travel through the GigabitEthernet0/0 interface.
- The routing table contains two intra-area routes.
- To reach network 192.168.1.0, traffic will exit via the Serial0/0/0 interface.
Which command can be used to verify the contents of the LSDB in an OSPF area?
- show ip ospf database
- show ip ospf interface
- show ip ospf neighbor
- show ip route ospf
Fill in the blank.
The backbone area interconnects with all other OSPF area types.
Fill in the blank. Do not use acronyms.
OSPF type 2 LSA messages are only generated by the designated router to advertise routes in multiaccess networks.
Fill in the blank. Use a number.
An ASBR generates type 5 LSAs for each of its external routes and floods them into the area that it is connected to.
Refer to the exhibit. Fill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
The network 192.168.10.128 0.0.0.127 area 1 command must be issued to configure R1 for multiarea OSPF.
Match each type of OSPF router to its description. (Not all options are used.)
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What is preventing users who are connected to router R2 from accessing resources located either within the network 192.168.1.0 or the internet?
- The default route is not redistributed correctly from router R1 by OSPF.
- The interface that is connected to the ISP is down.
- The router R2 is not receiving any updates from either router R1 or R3.
- The OSPF network statements are misconfigured on one of the routers.
- The OSPF timers that are configured on routers R1, R2, and R3 are not compatible.